Dubai is a cosmopolitan city that is always the best, tallest, biggest, and most extravagant in everything it does. So how are Christmas and New Year in Dubai? In one word, spectacular. If normally Dubai is shining, at this time is shining even more. You can see Christmas trees and decorations everywhere. You can buy Christmas decorations in shopping malls as you have never seen before. The New Years’ Eve celebration is full of fireworks, festive dinners, and parties. Christmas and New Years’ Eve is the time when you should visit Dubai at least once in your life.
Christmas in Dubai
During Christmas time Dubai is turning into a shiny fairy tale where not only children but also adults enjoy the festive season. You can find Christmas trees, gifts, and decorations everywhere in shopping malls. Not only in shopping malls but also hotels and streets are breathing with Christmas atmosphere.
Restaurants are preparing special Christmas dinners and brunches. There are many activities and fun things to do. Let’s see some of them.
- Regis Winter Garden Market – Large market where you can do shopping, try Christmas delicacies, children can do snow golf, train rides, and carousel rides, and make a gingerbread house.
- Bluewaters Island – Located near Dubai Marina, one of the best places with a beautiful view of Ain Dubai, Christmas trees, food stalls, concerts, movies under the stars, drones show, and much more.
- Dubai parks and resorts – This place is full of lights and Christmas decorations with 9 meters tall Christmas tree. You can also take a boat trip on a mini river to enjoy the atmosphere.
- Time Out Market – Place where you can taste special Christmas dishes, attend concerts, and most importantly meet Santa who will visit this market with his elves.
- Ski Dubai – located in the Mall of the Emirates, you can meet and greet Santa with his big bag of goodies and enjoy hot chocolate. Here you can have fun in the snow park and even have breakfast with Santa.
- Winter Garden at Habtoor Palace – Al Habtoor city rooftop is becoming a winter garden with a lot of lights, decorations, street artists, gingerbread, and mulled wine.
New Year in Dubai
Whether you are a party animal, or instead just enjoy a dinner with friends or family, or just watch the fireworks, Dubai is a place to be on New Year’s Eve. Restaurants prepare special menus, nightclubs parties and the city is getting ready with several fireworks in different places.
The best firework with a laser show is prepared at Burj Khalifa every year. This is a must-see when you are coming to Dubai. It is an unforgettable experience. When you are traveling on a budget, you can come early next to Dubai Mall and grab a good spot, enjoy the music, fountain, and atmosphere while waiting for midnight. In case you want to see it in a more stylish way, you can book a table in one of the close restaurants and watch from there.
If you prefer a more chill-out atmosphere, you can take your picnic blanket and head over to Jumeirah beach to watch the firework on Burj Al Arab. It is recommended to come early as they don’t allow too many people in order not to get too crowdy.
If you like to party or go for a gala dinner, prepare your wallet and book the table in advance.
Top places to spend New Years’ Eve evening
Here is a list of the few top places to spend your NYE in Dubai.
To see the Burj Khalifa fireworks:
- Address Sky View hotel – Ce La Vi restaurant and Deck too lounge will secure a stunning view of Burj Khalifa
- Karma Kafe – located at Souk Al Bahar
- Thiptara restaurant in the five-star Palace Downtown hotel – enjoy Thai food with a breathtaking view of Burj Khalifa
- Weslodge saloon – North American restaurant in JW Marriott Marquis
- Time Out Market
- Dubai Opera
- Atlantis the Palm
- Zero Gravity
- Aura Sky Pool – at Palm Jumeirah with a 360-degree view of the city
- Bla Bla – on the JBR Beach
To watch fireworks:
- The Burj Khalifa
- Jumeirah Beach
- Atlantis Palm Jumeirah
- Global Village – Best value, only 20 AED, and great for families with a lot happening during the evening. Several fireworks to see in different countries throughout the Global village.
What do you need to know before you go
Before you decide to come to Dubai during Christmas and New Year, you should know a few things.
As the weather is very pleasant at this time and it is the favorite time to visit Dubai, the prices of accommodation, flight tickets, and menus in restaurants and clubs will be at their peak. Therefore you need to book in advance and also to be prepared with a higher budget.
During the NYE celebration, the streets will be packed. Public transportation is mostly fully crowded, it is difficult to get a taxi and a journey that normally takes 15 minutes can take you more than one hour. So be well prepared for that.
I hope you can imagine now how are Christmas and New Year in Dubai. To imagine is not enough, you must experience it on your own. Dubai During Christmas and New Year is a must on your bucket list.