Shisha, also called Hubbly Bubbly or Hookah in some countries, is part of the culture and tradition in the Middle East and North Africa. It is a way for people to gather together, chat, relax, or watch some games. Therefore, Shisha is very popular in Dubai as well as in all Arabic countries. In Dubai, you can smoke Shisha in places, like cafes, lounges, and bars or even on a desert safari. Let’s have a look at what Shisha is and some top places and also budget places where you can smoke Shisha in Dubai.
What is Shisha
Shisha is a waterpipe for smoking tobacco. In the bottom glass part is water and at the top, there is usually fruity tobacco like apple, grape, mango, orange, and others that is heated up with charcoals. People use a hose to breathe the smoke that is pass through a water basin. The smoke from Shisha has a nice fruity taste and also the smoke in the air smells of fruits compared to the bad smell of cigarettes.
Shisha was first invented by a Persian physician in India and was spread to Persia and then to the Middle East where it is very popular and part of the culture. Moreover, Shisha is now well-known and can be found everywhere in the world.
Shisha places with a view
There are many great places where you can have a Shisha in Dubai, therefore it is not easy to find one when you come as a tourist. Let me provide you with some best places where you can enjoy a nice evening with Shisha.
- Buhayra Lounge is located in Downtown Dubai, precisely in the Palace downtown hotel. The Beduin tent in which you can sit next to the pool and palm trees with lights in the evening will amplify the Arabic atmosphere. You can enjoy their Arabic cuisine with hot and cold Mezze, hummus, and tabouleh and of course Shisha with the view of Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain. It is open daily, but Shisha is available at 4 pm and the price starts from AED 115.
- Smoky Beach is one of the best places next to the beach with a stunning view. It is located at the JBR with a view of Al Ain. You can enjoy Shisha, lovely food, drinks, and juices on comfortable bean bags next to the beach. The best place to be at. This place is also wheelchair accessible.
- Treehouse Lounge can be found on Taj’s hotel rooftop at Business Bay. At this place, you will be gifted with a beautiful view of Burj Khalifa, Mediterranean food, music, and cocktails.
- Shimmers is another Shisha place at the beach. It is right at the private beach of Madinat Jumeirah with a spectacular view of Burj Al Arab. Together with the Shisha, you can enjoy Greek cuisine and lovely drinks.
Budget Shisha places
In case you don’t really care about the view, authenticity, or location, and just would like to have great Shisha in Dubai for a reasonable price, here are some places for you to visit.
- Hadoota Masreya is an Egyptian restaurant in Dubai and it is located in two places. One is in Ibn Battuta Mall and the second one is on Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Safa area. Here you can enjoy delicious Egyptian food in a friendly atmosphere and add Shisha just for AED 25.
- The Kana Cafe is a restaurant located in several parts of Dubai. You can enjoy lovely food and Shisha for good prices. The Shisha will cost you AED 50.
- Al Meshwar is a Lebanese restaurant located on Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Safa area. You can try delicious food, Arabic sweets, ice cream, and of course Shisha. Here it will cost you AED 60.
- Al Sukareya is another Egyptian restaurant. You can find it in Dubai Marina, so there is a nice view as a bonus. Food is delicious at great prices as well as Shisha.
Other Shisha places
- Al Sarab Rooftop Lounge is a place from Arabian Nights located in the desert. It is a two-level rooftop lounge based out of the city at the Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa. You can enjoy Shisha with Arabic music and atmosphere.
- The Courtyards is a Shisha place where you can experience the Arabian atmosphere under the stars while sitting on comfortable cushions. You can taste authentic Arabic dishes, tea, or fruity cocktails. The place is located in One&Only; Royal Mirage hotel and is open daily from 5 pm to 1 am.
- The Exits Sports Bar is one of the top bars in Dubai for sports fans. There are 8 big screens to watch your favorite game. If you prefer sitting outside, you can enjoy live music. The Exits Sports Bar is located at Mercure Dubai, Barsha Heights, opened daily from 5 pm to 3 am.
Whether you are coming to Dubai for a holiday, business, or staying for a longer time, as a Shisha fan, you must try some of these places. Even if you are not a Shisha fan and would like to try it for the first time in an authentic atmosphere, choose one of those to make a memorable experience.